Did you know?
- There are approximately 250 asparagus growers in California.
- California produces more than 70 percent of the nation's fresh market asparagus.
- The state’s asparagus growers spend nearly $55.6 million annually in California, which creates a ripple effect of overall business activity projected to total nearly $91.4 million annually or about $250,350 each day of the year.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, asparagus is the highest tested food containing glutathione, one of the body's most potent cancer fighters.
- The first documented production of asparagus in California dates back to 1852.
For more information about California asparagus, click HERE.