CA GROWN Blog
Discover. Learn. Connect.
Recently, I attended a wedding and the salad was served with a fresh, tangy strawberry dressing that I instantly fell in love with and had to make!
This dressing is the epitome of smooth California flavor. It’s clean and not overly sweet all while being possibly the easiest thing to make on the planet.
You can use it on any salad combination or even on a bowl full of berries.
You may even be tempted to eat it by the spoonful! *raises hand*
Of course, you have to start with fresh, tart California strawberries. They are just coming into season right now so you really shouldn’t have a problem making this by the gallon if you want to…. and you just might!
It works beautifully with our Strawberry Chicken Salad or just about any summer salad….
And did I tell you it takes less than 5 minutes?
Here is the easy recipe for ya…
- 2 lbs. fresh California strawberries
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash and remove the stems from the strawberries
- Add them and the rest of the ingredients to a blender or food processor
- Blend for a few minutes until smooth
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week